As you know, orthodontic treatment doesn't end when the teeth are straight—most patients will require retainers.
ClearCorrect can create clear retainers based on PVS impressions, intraoral scans or on the final step.
If you order a retainer and it does not fit, we recommend you take new impressions, locate the patient's case in ClearComm, and order new retainers. Please contact support for any questions.
Ordering retainers for an existing ClearCorrect patient
1. Locate the patient on the doctor's portal. They may be under "in progress" or "closed."
2. Click on a case to go to the case page.
3. Click the REQUEST RETAINER button.
- For legacy cases that have never been closed:
- The first set of retainers is included (plus shipping), if it is based on an existing step.
- Additional fees apply for retainers based on impressions or scans.
- Additional retainers may be added to the order at a discounted rate.
- New Unlimited cases include up to two sets of retainers every six months.
- All other retainers are available at standard Flex prices.
Ordering retainers for a new patient
1. Click the Request a retainer link in the sidebar.
2. Fill out the patient’s information and click “Submit.”
3. You will be taken to the case page for the new patient. Use the green UPLOAD button to upload scans, or the green SHIP button to print a shipping label for impressions.
When scheduling your patient's retainer appointment, make sure that you allow enough time for the shipment to arrive at your practice.
As you hand your patient their retainer, take the opportunity to educate them about the way that it works in preventing the relapse of teeth. You may also want to educate them in the importance of complying to your suggested wear schedule.