Once you have a clear aligner candidate in front of you, educating them is the key to obtaining positive results in clear aligner therapy. Setting realistic expectations at the outset of treatment can help make the patient's experience smoother.
We have several resources for educating your patients on clear aligners.
For patients wanting more information on clear aligners, we recommend the 3-minute video How ClearCorrect Works, which covers:
- Clear aligners and their relation to traditional orthodontics
- How the aligners are made
- How the aligners straighten teeth
- How the teeth move and change in relation to pressure
- Importance of wearing the aligners 22 hours a day
We also offer a short Before and After video showing clear aligner results with various types of issues:
- Crowded upper and lower arches
- Shifted midlines
- Upper and lower arch spacing
Another video for educating your patient is Why orthodontics matters? In summary this video covers:
- Graceful aging
- Social advantages
Patient reviews are also available here.
Your patient may also find our aligner wear and care guide useful, covering:
- Expected daily wear schedule
- How to care for the aligners
- Do's and donts on food, drink, storage, etc.
It's essential for each patient to read and sign the informed consent form (POL-0008 Patient Informed Consent Form) before committing to treatment, which covers:
- What clear aligners are and how they work
- Potential risks of clear aligners in relation to
- expected results
- adverse reactions
- potential dentition issues (black triangles, irritation of soft tissue, IPR, tooth sensitivity, etc)
- potential relapse
- additional costs.
- What they are agreeing to in relation to treatment and results