Please make sure you have already created and activated your 3Shape Communicate account at https://us.3shapecommunicate.com. For doctors in Australia and New Zealand: http://as1.3shapecommunicate.com.
1. Click “Connections” at the top of the page.
2. Search by entering "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "email@example.com" (for Australia and New Zealand) and then click "find".
3. In the search results, select “ClearCorrect”.
4. After reading the confidentiality agreement, select “I Agree” and then “Connect”.
5. ClearCorrect will accept your connection. This can take up to 24 hours. Once it's been accepted, go to (Configure > Lab Connections > Refresh). ClearCorrect will appear as a lab you can connect to.
Filling out the order form
6. Select ClearCorrect as lab. To get through this preparation phase, you'll need to choose an example tooth. It can be any tooth you'd like. For now, we're just trying to get through this stage of the process so we can get to scanning.
7. Scan the upper arch, the lower arch, and the bite. Try to get at least 2-3 mm of gingival area without distortion or gaps. Remember: good, clean scans produce better aligners.
8. Complete the post process by clicking the "Post Process" button on the lower right hand side of the screen. This configures the files and prepares them to be sent to ClearCorrect.
9. You're ready to send the case! Click "send order" at the bottom of the screen to complete the process.
Finishing up the process on ClearComm
After you've submitted your scans through 3Shape Communicate, you'll still need to submit your case on ClearComm before we can get started on making your aligners. Make sure to submit the case immediately after sending your scans so we can pair them together. When prompted, choose "TRIOS" as the scanner of choice during the "Impressions or scans" step.
Using Ortho Analyzer
Another way you can submit your case to us using the 3Shape scanner is to use the Ortho Analyzer software. Not all doctors use this software, but if you happen to have it, here's what you do:
- Scan the upper arch, the lower arch, and the bite as you normally would.
- View the scans in the Ortho Analyzer software. If you're satisfied with them, save them as .STL files.
- In ClearComm, choose "other scans" during the "Impressions/Scan" step.
- Upload the scans you took of the upper arch and the lower arch. You do not need to upload the bite scan because it's automatically saved in both of the arch scan files. We only require the upper and lower arch scans because the positional data from the occlusal scan is embedded in the upper and lower files themselves. We know that some scanners generate three files, but since all the pertinent positional data is included in just the two, we don't need the third.