For information regarding submitting cases with Ormco Lythos Scanner, refer to the following:
This is pretty simple as this system allows you to save the STL files on your computer. So, it’s a matter of simply uploading the files into the Doctor's Portal.
Just save the two files (upper and lower scan) on your desktop with the arches oriented in occlusion. When you get to the step in the Doctor's Portal asking for PVS impression or scans, simply upload the files at this point into the Doctor's Portal.
1. After you log in to the Lythos scanner, the Case Setup screen appears, enter all necessary information, and then select Digital Impressions at the bottom of the screen.
2. Perform the required System Check (if it’s the first scan of the day with the scanner).
3. Scan the upper and lower arches. Make sure you capture at least 3-4 mm of distortion free gingival area adjacent to all of the teeth. The more accurate the scan, the better the aligners will turn out.
4. Capture a bite registration (either CR or CO bite).
5. After all of the digital scans are completed (upper arch, lower arch, bite registration), select “complete impressions” at the bottom of the screen.
6. A confirmation screen appears; select Yes if you are satisfied with the digital impressions.
7. The impressions will be sent into the data transfer queue for transfer to digital storage.
8. Then go to ormcodigital.com, log in, and select the Patient Scans tab located toward the middle of the page.
9. Find the patient that you want to submit to ClearCorrect, select Download, a pop-up will appear and select Download and save the file to your computer or drive.
10. Note that the patient’s scan will be saved on to your computer and labeled as Upper_Arch and Lower_Arch and it will include the bite registration, even though it is not listed.
NOTE: ClearCorrect only requires the upper and lower arch scans because the positional data from the occlusal scan is embedded in the upper and lower files themselves. They know that some scanners generate three files, but since all the pertinent positional data is included in just the two, the third is not needed.
11. Log in to dr.clearcorrect.com
12. Add the case and select your treatment options as usual.
13. Upload your STL files when you get to the Impressions or Scans step.