This article contains some of the information that you will need to know when shipping with FedEx.
FedEx shipping times
FedEx shipping times vary depending on your location and other factors like inclement weather, etc. Click here to find the shipping time for your area.
For a general idea of shipping times, you can refer to the map below.
Delays or custom hold-ups
Providers will not be sent emails in regards to delays or custom hold-ups unless specifically requested by FedEx. There are large number of reasons for customs hold-ups, but a few could be:
- Missing paperwork
- Confusion on the paperwork
- Issue with the value listed
- Customs would like to inspect the package(s)
How to look up an authorized FedEx drop off location
- Find locations closest to you by going to the FedEx site.
- Select the "Shipping" tab at the top of the page.
- Then select "Find locations". This will either be in a drop down menu or on the Shipping page itself. (You may have to scroll down to find the "Find locations" option.)
- The "Find locations" page will look like the image below. Be sure to check the box, "Drop off labeled package at staffed location".
- Enter your address and/or postal code in the "Find locations near..." search bar located in the top left hand side of the screen.
- The closest locations for package drop off will then appear. They will show type of business (Mailboxes, etc., Kall Kwik, etc.), address, distance from address entered, and today's hours of business.
- When you click on the entry of your choosing, a larger version of the information will pop up. If you click "View Details" on the bottom left hand side of the box, it will open a new page in your browser with details for that location including hours of operation, latest drop off time for packages for pick up that day. (See an example of what this looks like below - note: not actual drop off times. Follow the above instructions to get drop off times for your location & area.)