Pliers have many uses with clear aligners. They can be a great investment in finishing up cases and they save a lot of time. (Not to mention MONEY!)
Here's a short list of when they can be useful:
- Troubleshooting rotations (dimple pliers)
- Making Dimples
- Extruding with Auxiliaries (hole punch pliers)
- Rotating with Auxiliaries (hole punch pliers)
We intend to start offering various pliers in our online store soon. However, in the meantime here are some suggestions of where some good pliers are available:
- Essix offers Hilliard pliers. They offer several different pliers for different movements, however, the Blue Mandibular Tooth Moving Pliers are the most universal.
- Five Star Orthodontics offers an Aligner Retention Dimple Plier that works well.
- Hu-Friedy offers a hole punch plier, The Hole Punch, 6mm.