For information regarding submitting cases with a Planmeca Emerald and Emerald S Scanner:
Here are some basic instructions submitting cases with a Planmeca Emerald and Emerald S Scanner:
1. Scan Prep: Scan Maxillary arch.
2. Use the Eraser tool to remove excess data.
3. Scan Opposing: Scan Mandibular arch.
4. Scan Buccal: Scan a quadrant buccal bite.
5. Verify buccal alignment and re-align if needed.
Verifying the appropriate amount of scan data will ensure a better fitting appliance.
NOTE: Scanning must be started on the same side for all 3 scans.
1. Open the patient file and navigate to the CAD/CAM module. Single left-click the desired case folder to highlight it.
2. Click 3D Model Export. In the new dialog window choose where to save the STL files.
Note: It may be easier to create a folder on the desktop of the Planmeca scans dedicated for file exports.
3. In the Doctor's Portal, indicate that you are uploading Planmeca scans so know which type of scanner you’re using.
NOTE: We need articulated scans of both arches—even if you’re only treating one arch.
We only require the upper and lower arch scans because the positional data from the occlusal scan is embedded in the upper and lower files themselves. We know that some scanners generate three files, but since all the pertinent positional data is included in just the two, we don't need the third.
4. Drag and drop your saved STL files into the drop zones to upload them or click the file selection links.