We've put together a summary of best practices for reviewing and approving a Treatment Setup in ClearPilot. This guide covers recommendations on what you can verify, modify, review, and communicate to the technician, as well as options for modifying the treatment setup.
1. Compare to patient photos to confirm that the software has accurately captured the:
- Articulation of the models and bite registration
- Midline relationship
- Canine and molar relationships
- Shape of teeth
2. Carefully review the subsequent steps to verify the planned tooth movements are consistent with your prescription and are appropriate for the patient.
3. Verify that any recommended IPR and engagers are sufficient to achieve your goals.
Here are some changes you can make, depending on the patient age, dentition and ease or complexity of treatment:
- You can slow down difficult movements to help roots stay upright and translate
- You can adjust the wear schedule to 1 week, 10 days, 2 weeks or 3 weeks (1 week schedules are often done in combination with accelerated tooth movement technologies)
- You can adjust your engager preferences
- Add, modify, or request vertical or horizontal engagers
- Add, modify, or request different engager sizes: 2 mm, 3 mm, and 4 mm
- Add, modify, or request different engager depths:
- Vertical engager depths of 1.00 mm or 1.25 mm
- Horizontal engager depths of 0.75 mm or 1.00 mm
- Specify when to place or remove engagers.
- Add engagers to increase aligner retention (e.g. short clinical crowns)
- You can adjust your cutouts preferences
- Add, modify, or request button or slit cutouts
- Add, modify, or request buccal or lingual cutouts
- You can adjust your bite ramps preferences
- Add or modify upper arch bite ramps by groupings: 2 x 2, 3 x 3, or canines only
- You can adjust your IPR preferences
- Schedule IPR for specific stages
- Adjust the scheduled amount between 0.1 and 0.3 mm.
You can let the technician know if you are:
- Extracting a tooth
- Using Class II or Class III correction techniques
- Using any other auxiliaries, such as:
- Buttons and elastics for extrusions and/or rotations
- Class II or Class III correctors (such as TAD's, Forsus, coils/springs, etc.)
Note: If you find yourself frequently requesting standard changes to Treatment Setups (for example, "add overcorrection" or "end with a digital power chain"), the best place to do that is on your case submission form. Also, consider adjusting your treatment preferences.
4. When you are done evaluating a Treatment Setup, you have four options:
1. Approve the Treatment Setup in the Doctor Portal.
- If there are no changes or edits that need to be made, approve the Treatment Setup
- Go to the Case details page, under the ACTION NEEDED header, click on the APPROVE button.
- You will be prompted to select a price option and then click the submit button.
- These actions will communicate that you have approved your Treatment Setup and production will begin on your aligners.
- If you decide you do not want to approve the case, click the Cancel button.
Action Needed Tab for Case
Selecting Price Option and Submitting the Case
2. Disapprove the Treatment Setup and submit changes.
- We recommend you decline your Treatment Setup in ClearPilot rather than in the Doctor Portal. This will ensure your comments and instructions in ClearPilot are received by the technician. You should communicate how you want the Treatment Setup changed and our technicians will do their best to make the changes you requested and upload a new version of the treatment setup in a few days.
- To receive a revised setup in ClearPilot, click on the Submit Changes button in the bottom right corner. Be sure to communicate how you want the Treatment Setup revised to the technician through the COMMENTS panel or by using the DR EDITS function before clicking the Submit Changes button.
Leave Comments about Setup and Submit Changes
3. Modify the Treatment Setup: submit new impressions or intraoral scans
- This can be done in ClearPilot using the Case actions selection in the app configuration menu button in the header. Select the New Impressions button and complete the form before clicking the Submit button. In your new impression submission form, be sure to communicate:
- The arch/arches you are submitting new impressions for
- If you are submitting new PVS impressions or intraoral scans
Modify the Setup Using the Case actions selection in the app configuration menu to submit New Impressions or Intraoral Scans
4. Modify the Treatment Setup: cancel the case
- This can be done in ClearPilot using the Case actions selection in the app configuration menu. Select the Cancel Case button and a pop-up window will appear. Read the information in the pop-up window before clicking the Submit button. Canceling a case is an action that cannot be undone.
Modify the Setup Using the Case actions selection in the app configuration menu and Canceling a Case
5. Sharing the patient link
If you are inclined to show the patient the Treatment Setup, you can show them in your office or use the "share link" option to copy the provided URL and password (if present) and send it to them. Passwords for Treatment Setups varies by region, if your patient link does not have a password the patient will be able to access their Treatment Setup using only the link.