- The Treatment Setup
- Accessing the ClearPilot platform and sharing the patient link
- ClearPilot - Header
- Main Menu - View Tools
- Main Menu - Tooth Movement Chart
- Main Menu - Tx Overview Panel
- Main Menu - Measure
- Side Menu - Modify Tools
- Side Menu - Review Tools
- ClearPilot - Footer
- ClearPilot - Main Display Window
ClearPilot is ClearCorrect's tool for accurately designing your patient's plan for treatment with clear aligners. Using your treatment simulation (the 3D sequential animation of the movement of teeth through aligner treatment) provided by ClearCorrect's experienced technicians, the patient records (clinical photos, impressions/scans, and x-rays) and the tools in ClearPilot, you can create the ideal treatment goals you and your patients desire.
You can access ClearPilot online via the Doctor Portal. Following case submission, you'll receive a notification when the treatment setup is ready for review in ClearPilot. Within the ClearPilot platform you'll find a number of intuitive graphic combinations of action icons, a main display window with the treatment simulation, a tooth movement chart, dropdown menus and panels, and other tools and information all arranged to enhance your experience.
Let's take a look at the different components, features and tools that are part of the ClearPilot platform.
The Treatment Setup
Every ClearCorrect case includes a Treatment Setup, a 3D representation of the patient’s teeth before, during, and after treatment. It includes every step, movement and recommended procedure over the course of the case. Once you approve the setup, we will use the data here to manufacture the aligners.
Reviewing and approving the treatment setup for your patient is one of the key aspects of planning treatment. This is where you get to map out the treatment goals you and your patient are aiming for.
ClearCorrect's role is to help you create the treatment plan you want for your patient. We can offer recommendations for the course of treatment, but those recommendations are not absolute. It's up to you to make any necessary changes to customize an ideal course of treatment for each individual patient.
After you add an order (submit a case) in the Doctor's Portal and submit the required patient records, we will send you a notification once your treatment setup is ready for review in ClearPilot. There's no cost associated with submitting your order and records, no cancellation fee, and you don't pay for anything unless and until you approve the setup..
Once we receive your records, it usually takes a few days to create the setup. When it's ready, we'll send you an email to let you know, and you'll be able to view, modify or approve it in ClearPilot.
Some of the most common uses for the treatment setup are:
- To plan treatment for your patient using ClearPilot
- To show the patient (using the patient link) the treatment goals and what treatment outcomes are possible (at the beginning or during treatment, when non-compliance is suspected)
- To monitor treatment progress
- To verify locations for:
- Placing engagers
- Performing IPR
- Compliance checkpoints
- At the end of treatment, compared with clinical photos, to determine if treatment is finished to your satisfaction, and to your patient's satisfaction
After treatment is completed and the case is closed, we will archive the treatment setup and keep it for a period of up to two years.
Reviewing, adjusting and approving or disapproving the treatment setup is done in ClearCorrect’s treatment design tool, ClearPilot. This article provides an overview of this useful platform.
Accessing the ClearPilot platform and sharing the patient link
The system and user requirements for the ClearPilot platform are pretty straightforward.
Access ClearPilot through the ClearCorrect Doctor Portal located at: dr.clearcorrect.com
When your treatment setup is ready for review, follow these simple steps to access ClearPilot.
Under the "Action Needed" tab you'll also see any notes from the technician and a link to share the setup with your patient.
Sharing the treatment setup
A link to a shareable version, which hides the patient's first name is also available for setups on the case page under the "ACTION NEEDED" tab. Click "Show patient link" and copy the URL and password that is displayed. This can be pasted into an email or text message for sharing with patients or colleagues.
Note: The treatment setup password expires 1 year from the date that the treatment setup is created. After the password has expired, if you still need access to the patient link, you will need to contact a provider services representative to request a new password.
Click here to see an example of the patient version of the treatment setup.
ClearPilot - Header
In the header you will find the following functions and/or features:
- Your patient’s name
- Case ID
- The treatment option you selected (Flex, ONE or Unlimited)
- To easily identify which treatment setup version you are actively viewing (i.e. original, subsequent declined, or revision iterations of the same case), it will be noted in the header
- Click the Help icon to access the online Help Center
- Click the Other Actions icon to:
- Submit new impressions or scans for the case to start over with a new prescription
- Close Case to cancel everything and close the case
- Click the Approve icon to initiate the approval process for the setup version you're currently viewing (make sure you're approving the correct setup version)
- Click the Back icon to return to the Doctor Portal
ClearPilot - Main Menu
The main menu is a horizontal row of icons that lies just below the Header. The icons are grey when inactive and turn to colored when made active, after clicking on the icon. If you no longer want to view an option, click on the icon again to turn it off.
Let's take a look at the available options in the main menu.
The View button opens a menu of icons representing what you can make visible or invisible when reviewing the treatment simulation in the main display window. Let's take a closer look at each of these options.
Click the IPR icon to view where IPR is recommended for the case.
|Click the Engagers icon to view where engagers (attachments) are recommended for the case.|
|Click the Pontics icon to view where pontics are recommended for the case.|
|Click the Mov Chart icon to view a tooth movement chart for the case. The tooth movement chart will show where and what movements are planned to occur for that step. If you're viewing the retainer step, you'll see the total movement of all the teeth for the entire case.|
|Click the Tx Overview icon to view a high level overview of the treatment for the case. The Tx Overview will show all recommended actions, treatment duration, and wear schedule.|
|Click the Less icon to collapse the menu of icons.|
Tooth Movement Chart
The Tooth Movement Chart shows detailed tooth movement information for the step of treatment that is selected in the timeline. T he tooth movement chart will show the following details:
- If you are viewing the Upper or Lower arch. Click on the one that you want to view.
- The tooth movements that are occurring with each tooth, i.e., torque, rotation, intrusion/extrusion, translation, etc.
- The direction of tooth movement, i.e., lingual, buccal, mesial or distal, indicated by an abbreviation:
- Extrusion - E
- Intrusion - I
- Translation, Rotation: Mesial - M or Distal - D
- Torque, Translation: Buccal - B or Lingual - L
- The amount of movement occurring in mm or degrees
- The retainer step and the start step, when clicked on shows the total cumulative movement for each tooth throughout the whole treatment
Tx Overview Panel
The Treatment Overview Panel provides a look of the case at a glance. This tool provides an overall idea of the treatment plan for the patient. A great tool for planning and scheduling IPR, engager bonding and space check (Compliance Checkpoints).
In this section of the system you will see:
- Total number of steps
- Total treatment duration
- Wear schedule
- Indications for what needs to occur at each step of treatment when applicable, including:
- when to verify closed contact
- when to perform IPR
- when and where to place engagers (attachments)
The Measure button opens a menu of measuring tools for the Treatment Setup. Let's look at each of the available tools:
- The Grid icon when enabled, will display a 1 millimeter grid over the treatment simulation
- The Grid Back checkbox, when enabled, will make the grid appear behind the treatment simulation
The Side Menu has two options to choose from; Modify and Review. Within each of these options there are a number of functions and features available.
The Modify option presents the available tools for modifying the Treatment Setup.
- Click on Comments to open the Comment panel to view all comments for all versions of Setups related to the case, listed chronologically with the latest comments at the top
- To add a new comment to the technician to request modifications to the setup, start typing in the provided blank space. When you type in the blank space, the "Approve" button in the Header changes to Submit Change. This is where you'll click when you're ready to submit your comment.
When you click on Review, you have the option to review the documents and records related to the case, including:
- The clinical photographs submitted for the case
- The original treatment prescription and subsequent revision prescriptions, if any
- X-rays (if any were submitted with the case)
- Click on any of the photos or x-rays for an enlarged view, which you can drag and resize as needed. You can move the photos or x-rays so they can be viewed side-by-side with the model to compare or review. This photo display box also allows you to cycle through all of your photos simply by clicking the arrows on the left and right.
The features in the footer are mostly the timeline controls for the treatment simulation found in the main display window of the ClearPilot platform. Here's what you can find in the footer:
- Expandable Treatment Illustration; a graphic representation of the step you have selected. It shows:
- which teeth are moving
- where IPR is to be performed
- where engagers (attachments) are to be placed
- if there are any Compliance Checkpoints
- The Treatment Timeline provides a number of options for navigating between the steps of the Treatment Setup. You can:
- Drag the slider
- Click the Previous and Next arrows
- Click the Play button to animate the treatment from beginning to end
- Click Previous at the beginning or Next at the "Start" or "Retainer" position to quickly toggle between views for before and after treatment
- If there are many steps in the treatment simulation, an additional slider tool is available to quickly move through and view the later steps in treatment
Main Display Window
The Main Display Window is where the 3D treatment simulation is located in ClearPilot. In this section of ClearPilot you can:
- Use the Magnification Slider to change, increase, decrease or re-set to original position the magnification of the models in the Main Display Window. (You can also use your mouse to zoom out or in by holding down the "Shift" key and using the scroll wheel.)
- Manipulate the location of the models within the Main Display Window by "right clicking" on the model and dragging to the desired location
- Manipulate the model itself by clicking on the model and moving it into the desired view/angle
- Use the View Short-Cuts to:
- View only the upper or lower arches
- View the occluded front and center of the model
- View the occluded right or left buccal model views
The ClearPilot Treatment Design Tool was made to help you create the treatment setups you want for your patients. At ClearCorrect we're committed to our mission of constantly listening to our clinician's feedback, to continue to improve their experience and provide the tools they need to move their practices forward. Keep an eye out for the next exciting update!
Other related articles you may find helpful: