You asked for comfortable, durable, multi-layer aligners that feature sustained force, great clarity, and excellent tooth adaptation.* Our answer: ClearQuartz™.
What you need to know about ClearQuartz™
There are a lot of great things about ClearQuartz™, but here are some of the main features to be aware of:
The material has 3 layers:
- The toughness of the outer shells help reduce wear
- The low porosity minimizes staining
- The inner layer provides better elasticity and reduces stiffness
- ClearQuartz™ is designed for more predictable force application due to the enhanced elasticity
- The shells grip the teeth firmly
- The inner layer is engineered to provide consistent and continual force
How does it work?
3-dimensional engineered properties: forces applied in any direction receive the rebound response
|The elastic layer improves translation|
|The elastic layer improves rotation|
What does the 3-layer structure do?
The benefits of the 3-layer structure are:
- The elastic middle-layer enhances tooth-moving force and comfort because it's able to recover its form
- It is more durable because the elastic layer absorbs excess forces and reduces crack or tear propagation
- This elasticity provides more comfort to the patient
|ClearQuartz™ tri-layer material|
|Other single-layer material|
Multi-layer vs. Single-layer Material
Combining the properties of both flexible and rigid resins in a multi-layered film allows for greater tear resistance, lower initial force, more consistent and longer sustained force and a more precise fit compared to the properties of other resins used in other aligners (e.g., polyethylene terephthalate).
|Multi-layer Material||Single-layer Material|
|Combined layer material allows to get advantages of both soft and hard materials||Single layer materials are either soft (less thick) or hard (thicker). You can only get one's advantage at a time.|
|Improved crack and tear resistance||Easier to crack|
|Elastic layers allow to recover from and keep continuous force||Form is lost faster as it wears out quickly|
|Most recent innovation||First materials were single-layered|
*Compared to ClearCorrect aligners previously made from single-layer .030 (Zendura A) material.