You asked for comfortable, durable, multi-layer aligners that feature sustained force, great clarity, and excellent tooth adaptation.* Our answer: ClearQuartz™.
What you need to know about ClearQuartz™
There are a lot of great things about ClearQuartz™, but here are some of the main features to be aware of:
The material has 3 layers:
- The toughness of the outer shells help reduce wear
- The low porosity minimizes staining
- The inner layer provides better elasticity and reduces stiffness
- ClearQuartz™ is designed for more predictable force application due to the enhanced elasticity
- The shells grip the teeth firmly
- The inner layer is engineered to provide consistent and continual force
How does it work?
3-dimensional engineered properties: forces applied in any direction receive the rebound response
|The elastic layer improves translation|
|The elastic layer improves rotation|
What does the 3-layer structure do?
The benefits of the 3-layer structure are:
- The elastic middle-layer enhances tooth-moving force and comfort because it's able to recover its form
- It is more durable because the elastic layer absorbs excess forces and reduces crack or tear propagation
- This elasticity provides more comfort to the patient
|ClearQuartz™ tri-layer material|
|Other single-layer material|
Multi-layer vs. Single-layer Material
The chemical bond achieved with the polyurethane resin and the soft and hard materials allows for strength and toughness compared to the properties of resins used in other aligner materials.
|Multi-layer Material||Single-layer Material|
|Combined layer material allows to get advantages of both soft and hard materials||Single layer materials are either soft (less thick) or hard (thicker). You can only get one's advantage at a time.|
|Improved crack and tear resistance||Easier to crack|
|Elastic layers allow to recover from and keep continuous force||Form is lost faster as it wears out quickly|
|Most recent innovation||First materials were single-layered|
*Compared to ClearCorrect aligners previously made from single-layer .030 (Zendura A) material.