Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can more than one doctor pair their Doctor Portal account on a 3Shape TRIOS Scanner?
- Can I pair 2 or more 3Shape Communicate accounts with one Doctor Portal account?
- What Dental Desktop version do I need in order to use the pairing feature?
- Are there any circumstances where ClearCorrect cannot be pre-loaded as a lab?
- What should I do if I encounter issues?
- How do I research or report issues that I encounter?
Can more than one doctor pair their Doctor Portal account on a 3Shape TRIOS Scanner?
Yes. You can pair one 3Shape Communicate account with 2 or more Doctor Portal accounts, with the following conditions:
- The first attempt at pairing between 3Shape and the Doctor Portal can be made from either 3Shape Dental Desktop or the Doctor Portal.
- All subsequent pairing will require that it is done from the user's Doctor Portal account and not from 3Shape Dental Desktop. (3Shape Dental Desktop will only prompt the user to provide credentials once, so if it has already been paired, you won't be able to add another user from Dental Desktop.)
Can I pair 2 or more 3Shape Communicate accounts with one Doctor Portal account?
No. The integration is not designed to have more than one 3Shape Communicate account paired with a Doctor Portal account. If you attempt to pair an additional 3Shape Communicate account, when one has already been paired, you will receive an error message.
What Dental Desktop version do I need in order to use the pairing feature?
To use the pairing feature, you need to make sure your Dental Desktop software is updated to 22.214.171.124. (This can be found in Dental Desktop under; Settings > Installed software & Upgrades)
Are there any circumstances where ClearCorrect cannot be pre-loaded as a lab?
Yes. If you use TRIOS Design Studio and Implant Studio, you may have restrictions that will affect your ability to update to software version 126.96.36.199.
With the exception of the above, if you have updated your Dental Desktop software to version 188.8.131.52, ClearCorrect should be available as a lab in Dental Desktop.
What should I do if I encounter issues?
If you run across any issues you can check the following:
- Has your Dental Desktop software been updated to 184.108.40.206? (This can be found in Dental Desktop under; Settings > Installed software & Upgrades)
- Make sure you are paired. (This can be found in Dental Desktop under; Settings > Connections or in Doctor Portal > My Account > Connections)
If you still need assistance you can get help by contacting your local Provider Services Representative.
How do I report any issues that I encounter?
You can report issues to your local Provider Services Representative.
When discussing your issue make sure you have the following information available:
- The Doctor Portal Case ID (if available)
- Patient name (if available)
- Your 3Shape Communicate email address
- The TRIOS Case ID (if available)
- The 3Shape Case number (if available)
- Your 3Shape Dental Desktop dongle number. The dongle number can be found in the Dental Desktop application under; Settings > Subscription Management.
- Provide a detailed description of the issue experienced to Provider Services at email@example.com.
- Be sure to include screenshots, if applicable and the steps taken before experiencing the issue.
- Be sure to include your ticket or reference number if you have previously reported this issue to Provider Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).