For information on placing engagers, refer to the following:
How to Place Engagers
The following is a video and step by step instructions on how to place engagers:
NOTE: Download a printable guide here.
To place engagers, perform the following steps:
1. Try on the template.
2. Identify the location of all engagers.
3. Etch the tooth only in the area where engager will bond to the tooth. Do not etch the whole facial surface.
4. Rinse off acid.
5. Lightly coat engager voids with petroleum jelly.
6. Fill engager void(s) about 2/3 full with paste-type composite.
7. Fill remaining 1/3 of engager void(s) with flowable composite.
8. Place bonding agent on etched tooth.
9. Light cure the bonding agent.
10. Insert template.
11. Light cure the composite.
12. Remove template and clear off extra flashing material with scaler.
13. Check the fit of the aligner.