For information on how to submit cases using Medit and ClearCorrect Integration, refer to the following sections of the article:
For information on how to submit cases using a Medit scanner by exporting files for the Doctor Portal, refer to the following sections of the article:
Medit and ClearCorrect Intergration
Creating a New Case
1. Enter your login information on the Medit Link login page.
2. Open your case box and click on the blue "New Case" button located in the upper right corner of your screen.
3. Fill out the case information and click the "Register & Scan" button.
4. Next you will be taken to the case's scanning screen. Once there select the "Arch" tab.
5. Once you are on the arch tab, you will need to click on the upper arch and then select "Orthodontic" as the type of scan. Repeat the process for the lower arch and then click the "Scan" button.
Performing a Scan
1. The scanning workflow is as follows: upper, lower, bite, and complete.
2. Use the "Scanning Checklist" to help ensure your scans are effective.
3. Complete the scan of the upper arch.
4. Then complete the scan of the lower arch.
5. Confirm the scan by clicking on the confirm scan icon, which will generate a popup box asking for confirmation. Click the "Confirm" button in the box.
Installing the ClearCorrect App
1. Go to the side menu found on the left side of screen and click on "App Box."
2. Select "ClearCorrect Integration" and then click "Install." Once the app has been installed you will receive a pop-up notification informing you the app has been successfully installed.
1. Click on the "Case Box" icon on the side menu and then open the case you want to submit.
2. Once you are on the case's page, click on the ClearCorrect icon located in the header.
3. A pop-up menu will appear asking you to verify the API connection. This only needs to be done once. The information required for the popup is found in the ClearCorrect Doctor Portal in "My Account".
4. Login to the Doctor Portal and open "My Account."
5. Go to the side menu and click on "API Keys."
6. In the "API Keys" section of the page, click the red circle in the top right corner to generate a new API key. Assign a name for the key, we recommend the scanner name "Medit Link Integration," and click the "Save" button.
7. The API key will be moved to the section of the page with actions. Select the first action icon to copy the API key.
8. Return to the MEDIT link page where the ClearCorrect Integration authentication window is located. Paste in the copied API key and click "Verify".
9. Once the key has been authenticated, enter the patient information and click "Send."
10. Return to the Doctor Portal and the "Manage Orders" page. Find the case that has just been created and click on the case. A pop-up window will appear, click "Continue."
11. Complete and submit the case using the usual case submission workflow.
Uploading Files for the Doctor Portal
To submit a case in the Doctor Portal without using ClearCorrect Integration you will need to export the STL files for use in the Doctor Portal.
Set the export option
1. Start the Medit Link application.
2. Click Settings on the left menu.
3. In the Settings window, click Set Export Option.
4. Set your export option.
a. CAD program for which you want to use export data
- The options for CAD program are Exocad, 3shape, Maestro, Kuzler, and DWOS.
- When selecting one of these programs, the file will be converted according to the 3D axis used in that particular program. (It does not mean that the program has been integrated.)
b. Export File to
- Choose a storage location for exported files.
c. Mesh Format
- Choose your mesh format. Options are OBJ(color data), STL (grayscale), PLY. STL is the format you need for ClearCorrect cases.
- You can choose multiple options here. If you choose multiple formats, the program will export all the corresponding file types to the designated storage location.
d. Combine Individual Mesh
- You can select whether to combine scanbodies with jaw data or export them individually.
e. Always ask you each time you export
- Every time you export, you will be asked whether to use the current settings for this export.
- You can always change your preference under the Settings.
5. The changes you made will be effective immediately without the need to restart the application.
How to export scan data
You can export scan files in various formats (OBJ, PLY, STL) by using the Export feature.
1. Go to Case Box.
2. Select the case with the scan files that you wish to export.
3. Click the Export button.
Upload STL Files into the Doctor Portal
1. Log into the Doctor Portal and proceed through the steps of Creating an order. Scans can be uploaded in the Records Uploader section.
2. Select the tab for 3D-Models.
3. Click on the dropdown menu to select scanner.
4. Select Add Files to upload images from your files for both upper arch and lower arch.
Scans are needed of both arches, even if you’re only treating one arch, so we can properly articulate the digital models for the setup.
- Select your scanner and either drag and drop the files directly into the box or you can click within the box to upload.