Disclaimer: Not all features are available in all markets. Contact your local Straumann or ClearCorrect representative to find out what is available in your area.
- ClearPilot Description
- The Treatment Setup
- Accessing the ClearPilot Application
- ClearPilot - Header and Right Panel
- ClearPilot - Toolbox
- ClearPilot - Footer
- ClearPilot - Main Display Window
- ClearPilot - Mobile View
- Sharing the Treatment Setup
- ClearPilot - Patient Link in Mobile View
ClearPilot is ClearCorrect's tool to review and approve your patient's plan for treatment with clear aligners. Using your treatment setup (the 3D sequential animation of the movement of teeth through aligner treatment) provided by ClearCorrect's technicians, the patient records (clinical photos, impressions/scans, and x-rays) and the tools in ClearPilot, you can visualize and plan the treatment goals you and your patient's desire.
You can access ClearPilot online via the Doctor Portal. Following case submission, you'll receive a notification when the Treatment Setup is ready for review in ClearPilot. Within the ClearPilot application, you'll find several intuitive graphic combinations of action icons, a main display window with the treatment simulation, a tooth movement chart, dropdown menus, and panels, and other tools and information all arranged to enhance your experience.
Let's take a look at the different components, features, and tools that are part of ClearPilot.
The Treatment Setup
Every ClearCorrect case includes a treatment setup, a 3D representation of the patient’s teeth before, during, and after treatment. It includes every step, movement, and recommended procedure over the course of the case. Once you approve the setup, we will use the corresponding data to manufacture the aligners.
Reviewing and approving the treatment setup for your patient is one of the key aspects of planning treatment. This is where you get to map out the treatment goals you and your patient are aiming for.
To learn more about Treatment Setup please refer to the following article:
Accessing the ClearPilot Platform
The system and user requirements for the ClearPilot platform are pretty straightforward.
When your Treatment Setup is ready for review, there are two ways to access ClearPilot.
Accessing ClearPilot from the Doctor Portal
Accessing ClearPilot through the eShop
Note: The eShop is not available in all regions. If you registered through the eShop then you can access ClearPilot this way. Otherwise, access to ClearPilot will be from the Doctor Portal as laid out above.
Under the "ACTION NEEDED" tab, you'll also see any notes from the technician and a link to share the treatment setup with your patient.
ClearPilot - Header and Right Panel
In the header you will find the following information:
- Patient’s name
- Case ID
- Treatment option
- Treatment setup version
The configuration menu (3 bars) located in the right corner of the header contains the following functions and features:
- Case actions - submit new impressions or scans or cancel the case
- Color Settings
- Message notifications for total IPR or retainer step
- Help Center link
- Other Settings allow you to change many other features like Visual Style, Dental Notation option, and more.
The center part of the panel contains tabs for Comments and Media associated with this treatment setup.
- Click on Comments to open the Comment Panel to view all comments for all versions of the treatment setups related to the case, listed chronologically with the latest comments at the top.
- The Translate feature allows for dynamic in-app translation of comments in Spanish, French, German, Japanese and Italian.
- To add a new comment to the technician to request modifications to the setup, start typing in the "Enter your comment here" window at the top of the Comment Panel. When you type in the blank space, the "Approve" button in the Header changes to Submit Changes. This is where you'll click when you're ready to submit your comment and any edits made to the treatment set up.
- Be sure to rate the quality of your setup and provide written feedback before clicking "Submit."
When you click on Media, you have the option to view the documents and records related to the case, including:
- The clinical photographs submitted for the case.
- The treatment plan paperwork.
- X-rays (if any were submitted with the case)
The bottom of the panel allows you to:
- Return to the Doctor Portal
- Approve or Submit a case.
In the upper left corner, you will find the main menu icons that enable adjusting the view of the 3D model, analyzing the treatment plan, and editing the treatment setup. These icons include:
- Viewing Tools (toggle features on/off, Tx Overview, or Multiview)
- These toggles are available when one of these features existing as part of the treatment plan:
- Features (i.e., Clinical Features; engagers, cutouts, and bite ramps)
- Pontics (i.e., pontics, bars, and guides)
- Gums - Enable to show gums "on" from the model view
- Tx Overview - View patient instructions, steps and duration
- Multiview - View the upper and lower arches
- These toggles are available when one of these features existing as part of the treatment plan:
- Measurement Tools (activate tools for analyzing treatment plan)
- Mov Chart - Movement Chart shows where and what tooth movements are planned for each step.
- Bolton - A table showing tooth size discrepancy between the upper and lower teeth.
- Grid - Enables a 1 mm grid over the treatment simulation. Once enabled you may also choose to move the grid to the back of the 3D model.
- Superimpose - This feature is used to compare any step to the starting position of treatment.
- Occlusal - Occlusal Heat Map feature indicates areas of occlusal intersection in different colors based on 3 different contact ranges.
- Point-to-point - Allows you to measure the distance between two selected points by clicking on a start and end position.
- Dr. Edits will pop out additional toolbars including:
- Features - Select the plus symbol to add an engager, cutout, or bite ramp then double click the desired tooth for placement. After placement an additional window will popout to customize the feature.
- Tooth Movement - Enables single or multi-tooth movement in millimeters (mm). These movements include:
- lingual/buccal translation
- mesial/distal translation
- mesial/distal tipping
- lingual/buccal torque
- mesial/distal rotation
- Interproximal Measurement Flags - A flag will appear between each tooth and display the measurement (mm) of collision or spacing. Collision values are shown in red flags, spacing in green. Use the arrows on either side of the flag “+” will add IPR / collision and “-“will decrease IPR / add spacing. The red flag represents collision and the green flag spacing.
- Undo single edits, Redo single edits, and Remove All Edits
ClearPilot - Footer
The features in the footer are mostly the timeline controls for the treatment simulation found in the main display window of the ClearPilot platform. Here's what you can find in the footer:
- The Treatment Timeline provides several options for navigating between the steps of the Treatment Setup. You can:
- Drag the slider
- Click the Previous and Next arrows
- Click the Play button to animate the treatment from beginning to end
- Review notation above the step number to designate suggested appointment steps
- Identify the overcorrection steps with an underlined step number
- You can use the hotkeys on your keyboard to move through the Treatment Setup timeline to evaluate tooth movements at each step:
- ArrowLeft - Previous step
- ArrowUp - First step
- ArrowRight - Next step
- Arrowdown - Last step
- Space - Play/Pause timeline
- When edits have been made to the current setup version by the doctor, they are shown in the "DR." step in the timeline. Once selected you may also use the features from the Dr. Edits menu to add or adjust features including IPR direct edits.
- By selecting "Initial" this will show the first step
- "Technician Final" will show the final step made by the technician
ClearPilot - Main Display Window
The Main Display Window is where the 3D treatment simulation model is located in ClearPilot. In this section of ClearPilot you can:
Modify the Image
- To decrease the size of the image you can:
- Scroll backward on your mouse wheel
- If you’re using a PC, you can use the Shift and minus (-) keys
- If you’re using a Mac, you can use Option, Command, and minus (-) keys
There is a limit on how much you can zoom out on the image.
- To increase the size of the image you can:
- Scroll forward on your mouse
- If you’re using a PC, you can use the Shift and plus (+) keys
- If you’re using a Mac, you can use Option, Command, and plus (+) keys
There is no limit on how much you can zoom in on the image.
- Manipulate the location of the models within the Main Display Window by "right-clicking" and holding down on the model, then drag to the desired location.
- "Left-click" and hold down on the image, then rotate it into your desired view/angle by moving your mouse.
- Use the Arch Menu short cuts in the upper right to:
- View only the upper or lower arches
- View the occluded front and center of the model
- View the occluded right or left buccal model views
ClearPilot - Mobile View
The Mobile version of ClearPilot is convenient and easy to use. If you're away from your office and need to approve a case on the go, it's no problem. The ClearPilot Mobile View enables you to review and approve cases any time, anywhere. And, because ClearPilot is 100% web-based, you'll always have our most recent updates, without the need to download or upgrade anything on your end.
- View the patient's name, case number, and treatment option.
- On a touch screen enabled device, use your finger to move the model into the desired position.
- Treatment Overview Illustration will show which teeth are moving, where IPR is being performed, & where engagers are being placed.
- Use the treatment timeline to easily navigate to the desired step of treatment, or, use the Play, Next & Back buttons.
- A "Full View" button is available if you choose to switch to the full ClearPilot desktop view (Note: On a mobile phone, the "Full View" button will only be visible while in landscape mode.)
- Click the View icon to see where engagers, cutouts, bite ramps, IPR, and pontics are in the Treatment Setup
- Click the Tx Overview icon to see what is to occur during any step that requires action
- Click the Superimpose icon to activate the Superimposition feature
- Click on the Approve icon to approve and submit the case
Sharing the Treatment Setup
A link is available to a shareable version of the treatment setup, which hides the patient's name and other treatment information. Simply paste the provided URL and password into a browser window to show the patient chairside or you can paste it in an email or text message to share with patients or colleagues. In this example, the link will work without a password.
NOTE: Password access to the patient link only applies to certain countries. If the password is not present, you can still share the link with the patient.
Here's how it works:
1. On the case page under the "ACTION NEEDED" tab, click on "Show patient link."
2. Copy and paste the URL into a browser window or email/text.
3. The patient-friendly version of the Treatment Setup will open. In patient view, the Treatment Setup will not include the following features usually available in the doctor's version of ClearPilot:
- Patient name
- Case number
- Treatment option
- Other actions, Approve and Back Buttons
- Tooth Movement Chart
- Grid tool, Superimpose, Occlusal Heat Map
- Side Menu: Comments Panel, DR EDITS, and Case Submission Records
4. In patient view, the Treatment Setup will include the following features:
- Quick link to Support site
- View shortcuts
- Model sizing tool
- Play, Forward & Back buttons
- Treatment Timeline
- Treatment Overview Illustration
- View Tools
Patient View Features
NOTE: The Treatment Setup password expires 1 year from the date that the Treatment Setup is created. After the password has expired, if you still need access to the patient link, you will need to contact a provider services representative to request a new password.
ClearPilot - Patient link in Mobile View
The patient view can also be used on a mobile device. Follow the same procedure for accessing the patient view when on a desktop computer (copy provided URL and Password into a browser window) while on your mobile device.
The patient Mobile View will not show the patient's name, case number, or treatment setup and the approve icon will not be available.
The patient Mobile View will have these features/tools available:
- The Treatment Overview Illustration
- The Treatment Timeline
- The View Shortcuts
- The Play, Next & Back buttons for navigating through the setup
- The "Full View" button to switch to the full ClearPilot desktop view
Patient Mobile View Features
- The View icon to see where engagers, IPR, and pontics are in the Treatment Setup
- The Tx Overview icon to see what is to occur during any step that requires action
- The Superimpose icon to activate the superimposition feature
The ClearPilot Treatment Planning Tool was made to help you create the Treatment Setups you want for your patients. At ClearCorrect we're committed to our mission of constantly listening to our clinician's feedback, to continue to improve their experience and provide the tools they need to move their practices forward. Keep an eye out for the next exciting update!
Other related articles you may find helpful:
- ClearPilot - Treatment Setups
- ClearPilot - Treatment Setups Best Practices
- ClearPilot - FAQs
- ClearPilot - Introduction to 3D Controls
Please sign in to leave a comment.